Thursday, September 10, 2009

Final Inked Logo Design


I have learned with this project that when Mr. Babcock says something he's serious. As I was finishing inking my logo design, I was catching a drip of ink on the neck of the bottle. In doing so I splattered ink on the white negative space around my logo. So...I had to start all over. I also learned that a rounded tip for a dip pen works better on illustration board as it does not tear the surface as badly. Honestly I feel as if I could have done better on this project. I don't feel very impressed with myself at this point. Which brings me to another point. I feel very uncomfortable with my skills with the Adobe creative software. I'm hoping that involving myself in AIGA and HI-RES Magazine will help to alleviate this problem. I believe that self confidence in the field of graphic design is vital. So heres to challenging myself and forcing myself to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Elise, you are doing great in class. You aren't supposed to feel great at Illustrator at first. It is a hefty bit of software and well worth being patient with yourself. Just remember that the learning process does not require excellence, just diligence. Later on you can put all of your matured excellence into a portfolio.

    ReplyDelete